The Councillors are the Directors of MBANSW, ensuring compliance with State and Federal legislation. They review all referrals and determine financial gifts to doctors and their families and others in need.
The work of MBANSW is underpinned by the Council's Purpose, Vison, Mission and Values Statements.
To provide tangible, confidential and meaningful assistance to doctors and their families in NSW and ACT to support their return to independence and, where possible, to their vocation.
To be recognised as the pre-eminent organisation delivering meaningful assistance to NSW and ACT doctors and their families currently experiencing adversity due to illness, accident, or any significant life stressor including loss of income.
We support the medical community in NSW and ACT by providing professional counselling, information, referral, advocacy, and financial assistance to members of medical families to support their timely recovery from significant life challenges or other adversity.
- We encourage doctors and their families to seek help early as our ultimate aim is for them to return to independence, rather than dependence.
- We seek to improve our brand awareness and service provision to ensure we meet the evolving needs of our beneficiaries.
- We actively work with other organisations who provide support services to ensure the best outcome for doctors and to avoid duplication of scarce resources.
- We seek to be respected as a knowledge base on doctors’ well-being trends and invited to discussions around advocating for the medical community.
- We are a united and collaborative team; teamwork comes naturally to us because of our passion and dedication to do the absolute best to support doctors and their families, experiencing adversity.
- We appreciate all our funders and partners and hold ourselves accountable for efficiently and effectively utilising the resources they generously provide us.
- We are continually evolving, encourage feedback and are always striving to do things better.
- We make decisions that ensure the long-term sustainability of the organisation, so we can continue our mission, and honour our legacy.